BroodMinder-WS weather station
BroodMinder-WS tracks hyper-local weather in your apiary by measuring two key parameters: ambient temperature and humidity.
Together with BroodMinder-T2 internal hive monitor and BroodMinder-W hive scale, BroodMinder-WS can help you to get a consolidated picture of apiary dynamics and enhance your overall monitoring experience. Ambient temperature and humidity data enable BroodMinder software to compute a more accurate brood levels within the hives, as well as to assess nectar-flow indexes more accurately.
Allows hobbyist and professional beekeepers to improve their beekeeping activity and resources. Basic plan is available with no subscription fee.
- 1 Weather shield with plastic strips and screws for fixation.
- 1 Broodminder-TH internal hive monitor
- 1 CR2032 lithium battery
- Free Web and mobile app access
- Quick start paper guide and extensive online documentation
BroodMinder-WS combines a weather shield with a BroodMinder-TH. It will measure ambient conditions letting you know whether you reach too high or too low local temperatures in your apiary. Sometimes this can provide important insights e.g. inform about the hive requirements over food stores.
In MyBroodminder app local measurements are displayed side by side with those issued from the Weathersource service, allowing it to benchmark and assess its 10-day forecast.
Measuring local weather conditions also allows to compute the local nectar-index® KPI, assessing whether local ambient conditions are suitable for nectar-flow occurrence.
The brood and fitness algorithms are also taking advantage of this more accurate measurement to compute hive daily metrics.
Works with the extensive BroodMinder wireless ecosystem.
Size & weight: 10,2 x 9,5 x 17,5 cm ; 200 gr
Ambient temperature & humidity
Upload frequency: every hour or every 15 min
Accuracy: +/- 0,25°C, +/- 3% HR
Internal storage: ~ 7000 readings
Battery: CR2032 (included)
Bluetooth Low Energy transmission
To switch on: pull the plastic tab
To switch off: via mobile app
With Broodminder Bees app
With a Hub or SubHub
Battery life: Between 12 and 18 months
Firmware update: With Broodminder bees app
Certifications: CE (sensor)
Available with Free and Premium memberships
Install the Broodminder-WS in an open space allowing the air to flow. A pod is the ideal mounting configuration but it can also go fixed to the wall or on top of a hive roof.
Avoid very direct sunlight and do not place it on the ground or over high heat-capacity structures (like concrete or brick) since they will sink or heat the sensor.
If it is the first time you install a BroodMinder device, follow the next generic steps:
- install BroodMinder Bees app, create your account
- make your first manual sync
- install the device under your beehive
- view and explore the data on mobile BroodMinder Bees app and on the web Mybroodminder.com.
If you have any question installing on your specific set-up, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on eu.broodminder.com
- France: FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zones 1, 2 (see below): FREE on orders above 150€
- Europe zone 3 : FREE on orders above 200€
- Rest of the world : contact us.
- France: 4 working days
- Europe: 5 working days
- Worldwide: on average 7-10 working days (depending on location).
- In most of the EU countries (when available) you will be able to choose among two delivery methods:
- Home delivery with signature (you need to be at home and sign the delivery because of insurance)
- Pick-up & Go if you want it delivered in your preferred relay
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com
Countries & Zones
- Zone 1: Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Zone 2: Austria, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal.
- Zone 3: Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.