The BroodMinder-Cell is our most versatile data transmission system.
It can listen to up to 80 BroodMinders and transfer their data hourly through any cellular network available in your place.
You will then enjoy real-time measurements directly available on your smartphone. BroodMinder-Cell provides you with a full hive monitoring experience including daily metrics and alerts computed every morning.
You can have Broodminder-Cell in 3 versions: Solar, Weather and Naked (see features below).
Recommended for beekeepers with yards in remote locations. Requires a Premium subscription.
- Naked: 1x T91 hub
- Weather: 1x T91 hub + weather shield
- Solar: 1x T91 hub + solar kit (panel + battery) + tight box
For all of them:
- free Web and mobile app access
- quick start paper guide and extensive online documentation
- 1 year Cell-Hub Token
- 1 year Premium subscription
BroodMinder-Cell hub is at the hearth of your remote hive-monitoring system. It is the gateway that harvests data from all the BrodMinders available in the apiary and transfers to the cloud to make it accessible in the very same moment it has been collected.
As with your own smartphone in manual sync, the hub connects to devices in Bluetooth, stores data in a buffer, prior to sending it to the cloud through the cellular network every hour.
The Naked T91 hub is delivered together with a SIM card and a silicon casing. It embeds a lithium battery that will last over 4 to 6 months (as for August 2022) in hourly mode. You can recharge the battery with a simple mobile phone USB charger.
The Weather station version consists of a T91 hub installed within a weather shield. The main advantage of this version without solar kit is a lower cost combined with the opportunity to accurately measure ambient temperature, humidity and pressure.
The Solar version is delivered with a high quality solar kit including a 3.5W solar panel and a 2500mAh battery. All of it fits within a high quality IP65 plastic box that can be mounted in multiple ways.
You will install the solar hub in the apiary once forever. Ambient conditions are also measured with this configuration although we do not recommend using them since they are not reliable. The box housing tends to overestimate temperatures over the day when exposed to direct sunlight (which is needed for the solar panel). As an alternative you can consider installing a dedicated weather station.
Direct Measures: ambient temperature, humidity and pressure
Size and weight:
- naked: 4 x 4 x 1 cm / 20g
- weather-station: 10,2 x 9,5 x 17,5 cm / 200g
- solar: 25,0 x 16,0 x 7,5 cm / 835 gr
Structure: aluminum and plastic
Envelope: watertight IP65
Battery: 1 T91 internal Lithium (included) + 1 external (solar kit only), all of them fully rechargeable
Battery life: 4 to 6 month for the naked and weather-station version / all life long for the solar powered.
Measurement frequency: every hour (default)
Internal memory storage: stores readings in case of network default, sending them when service is recovered.
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy / Cellular network
Transmission range: +30 meters with scales / 10m with internal monitors.
Firmware update: Over the air activated with a push button (FOTA)
Certifications: CE, FCC
Requires a Premium membership and a Cell-Hub token. (included the first year)
You can purchase membership and tokens at https://mybroodminder.com/app/premium-subscription.
Typically, BroodMinder-Cell hub installs in the middle of the apiary, close to the installed devices and in particular internal monitors since they have the most limited range. You can mount it on top of one hive, on a pod or against a wall.
For the Solar hub version take care to expose it to direct sunlight.
Then follow the next steps:
- sync all devices with Bees App before starting the Hub
- remove the orange silicon protection
- power ON the hub
- leds will blink green, then blue
- check on Bees App that transmission has been established. “MBM_last upload” should display the current date/time.
- install orange protection again, starting from the USB side.
- insert the T91 within the weather shield, solar envelope or any other protective housing.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on eu.broodminder.com
- France: FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zones 1, 2 (see below): FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zone 3 : FREE on orders above 150€
- Rest of the world : contact us.
- France: 4 working days
- Europe: 5 working days
- Worldwide: on average 7-10 working days (depending on location).
- In most of the EU countries (when available) you will be able to choose among two delivery methods:
- Home delivery with signature (you need to be at home and sign the delivery because of insurance)
- Pick-up & Go if you want it delivered in your preferred relay
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com
Countries & Zones
- Zone 1: Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Zone 2: Austria, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom.
- Zone 3: Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.