Pro Plus Kit for 1 hive
Broodminder Pro Plus Kit offers a full hive monitoring experience to professional and migratory beekeepers. Collecting at the same time hive productivity, colony dynamics and apiary ambient conditions and dressing the full picture of what's going on every day in your apiary.
With the BroodMinder-W4 scale you will accurately monitor hive productivity and detect the nectar-flow start and intensity. BroodMinder-T3 internal monitor will provide a health status such as colony development in spring, brood levels and queen presence. And the Weather hub will deliver ambient conditions helping you assess how hard are night periods and if colonies are needing extra resources in particular moments.
Broodminder's state-of-the-art technologies, developed by the international team, offer you a lot of valuable information and practical insights to significantly improve your hive management and beekeeping results.
- 1x W4 Hive scale
- 1x T91 hub
- 1x Weather shield with plastic strips and screws for fixation.
- 1x TH3 internal hive monitor
- Quick Start Guide and extensive online documentation
- 1 year Cell-Hub Token
- 1 year Premium subscription
Optional items :
- check the W4 product page for optional bottom board centering pins and pallet fastenners
- You will be able to track nectar flow start-up and intensity every hour. With a cellular hub the data flows directly to your smartphone. Besides raw hive weight we’re computing a rolling 24h weight variation as well as hive productivity metrics. Our algorithms also automatically detect supper addition/removal of feeding activities sorting out all the relevant information for you.
- The full weight design is mandatory when doing migration. In your yard you will not have the time to fine-tune leveling nor centering and neither ensure an homogeneous sitting of the hive. It is in this kind of ‘harsh’ configurations that single bar scales reach their limits. It is so easy to have an uneven load front/rear for example, because there is a 3 point sitting instead of 4. When you’re back home you need to be sure that the whole hive weight is captured.
- You can mount it in two ways: front/rear or left/right. The scale surface top and bottom is grooved to avoid any slip. If you’re using Nicotplast bottoms they will perfectly fit with the scale and you can add extra 4x centering pins (pre-hole already placed, simply drill with a 6.5mm bit).
- We have designed BroodMinder-W4 so it can be mounted on wooden or metal pallets. It can be screwed or pinned and stay for long installed. In normal operation for hive migration, you can load the fully stacked assembly (pallet + scales + hives) on your truck with no fear. With its 400kg nominal weight, BroodMinder-W4 is able to hold efforts far beyond any strapping you can make. As a further security, the design also contains a natural end-stop to avoid any occasional damage.
- The W4 hive-scale structure is 100% built in 4mm thick aluminum insensitive to corrosion and with no maintenance.
- Battery life is 5 years and the Bluetooth signal range is about 30 to 40 meters.
- As for any other BroodMinder device one measure is taken every hour and stored into the internal memory so that you do not miss any data.
- Works with the extensive BroodMinder wireless ecosystem and you will need a Broodminder-Cell to inspect the data in real time: this option requires a premium subscription (learn about subscription plans here).
- The data can be accessed both on mobile in BroodMinder Bees app (Android, iOs) and on the web Mybroodminder.com where you will find advanced metrics like daily weight gain and hive productivity.
- For those working collaboratively with other fellow beekeepers you can consider the apiary share feature un Mybroodminder.com. This allows you and your colleagues to mutually follow multiple apiary yards and detect any nectar flow start through your combined network of scales.
- With the premium membership your data remains fully private and only you decide and manage who can access it (read only).
BroodMinder-Cell hub is at the hearth of your remote hive-monitoring system. It is the gateway that harvests data from all the BrodMinders available in the apiary and transfers to the cloud to make it accessible in the very same moment it has been collected.
• As with your own smartphone in manual sync, the hub connects to devices in Bluetooth, stores data in a buffer, prior to sending it to the cloud through the cellular network every hour.
• The Naked T91 hub is delivered together with a SIM card and a silicon casing. It embeds a lithium battery that will last over 4 to 6 months (as for August 2022) in hourly mode. You can recharge the battery with a simple mobile phone USB charger.
• The Weather station version consists of a T91 hub installed within a weather shield. The main advantage of this version without solar kit is a lower cost combined with the opportunity to accurately measure ambient temperature, weight and pressure.
• The Solar version is delivered with a high quality solar kit including a 3.5W solar panel and a 2500mAh battery. All of it fits within a high quality IP65 plastic box that can be mounted in multiple ways. You will install the solar hub in the apiary once forever. Ambient conditions are also measured with this configuration although we do not recommend using them since they are not reliable. The box housing tends to overestimate temperatures over the day when exposed to direct sunlight (which is needed for the solar panel). As an alternative you can consider installing a dedicated weather station.
- BroodMinder-TH3 internal brood sensor helps to monitor the internal development of a colony: internal temperature of the hive, brood level, presence of the queen, difficulties related to eggs laying, swarming events, general health of the colony.
- Housed in a low profile, hermetically sealed wrapper, the BroodMinder-TH3 sits on top of your brood or super frames so that any heat created by the bees is recorded as it rises to the top of the hive. Accurate to 1 degree Fahrenheit (0.2 degree Celsius), you will notice the slightest of changes, allowing intervention before it is too late.
- All BroodMinder-TH3 devices now include temperature event detection (including swarms). When a temperature spike happens, the sensor switches to 1 minute sampling in order to get a high-resolution recording of the event. If you have a Cell hub or a Wi-fi hub, it will also initiate an email, text message or application alert.
- The waterproof envelope keeps the sensor away from bee activity. Without any wear and tear, you will be able to keep the device for life.
- Works with the extensive BroodMinder wireless ecosystem.
- If you own a Cell hub or a Wi-fi hub, you can inspect the data in real time: this option requires a premium subscription (learn about subscription plans here).
- You can examine the dashboards built with your beehive data thanks to the unique algorithms, at any distance from the apiary.
- The data can be accessed both on mobile in BroodMinder Bees app (Android, iOs) and on the web Mybroodminder.com.
- You can compare data from your TH3 sensor with all the other BroodMinder hives on BeeCounted.org.
Measures: hive weight and ambient temperature
Size: 2 bars of 50 x 4,2 x 4 cm (length x width x height)
Weight: 2.6 kg
Envelope: watertight IP65 circuit board box
Battery: 2x Energizer AA Lithium (included)
Battery life: 5 years
Measurement frequency: every hour (default) or every 15 min (custom)
Load cells: 4x 100kg C3 category temperature compensated sensors.
Max hive weight: 400kg
Accuracy: +/- 100g/10°C +/- 0,25°C
Internal memory storage: ~ 7000 readings
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy
Transmission range: +30 meters to your smartphone or hub
Firmware update: Broodminder Bees app
2. Cell Hub
Direct Measures: ambient temperature, humidity and pressure
Size and weight:
- naked: 4 x 4 x 1 cm / 20g
- weather-station: 10,2 x 9,5 x 17,5 cm / 200g
- solar: 25,0 x 16,0 x 7,5 cm / 835 gr
Structure: aluminum and plastic
Envelope: watertight IP65
Battery: 1 T91 internal Lithium (included). Fully rechargeable.
Battery life: 4 to 6 months.
Measurement frequency: every hour (default)
Internal memory storage: stores readings in case of network default, sending them when service is recovered.
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy / Cellular network
Transmission range: +30 meters with scales / 10m with internal monitors.
Firmware update: Over the air activated with a push button (FOTA)
Certifications: CE, FCC
Measures: internal hive temperature and humidity
SwarmMinder: detect & notify on temperature events
Size: 26,5 x 4,0 x 0,8 cm
Weight: 13 gr
Envelope: waterproof UV-resistant cover
Battery: 1x CR2032 lithium battery (included)
Battery life: 1 year
Measurement frequency: every hour or every 15 min
Accuracy: +/- 0,25°C
Internal memory storage: ~ 7000 readings
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy
Transmission range: 10 meters to your smartphone or hub
Firmware update: BroodMinder Bees app
Available with a Premium membership
If it is the first time you install a BroodMinder device, follow the next generic steps.
- install BroodMinder Bees app, create your account
- make your first manual sync
- install the device under your beehive
- view and explore the data on mobile BroodMinder Bees app and on the web Mybroodminder.com.
If you have any question installing on your specific set-up, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on eu.broodminder.com
- France: FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zones 1, 2 (see below): FREE on orders above 150€
- Europe zone 3 : FREE on orders above 200€
- Rest of the world : contact us.
- France: 4 working days
- Europe: 5 working days
- Worldwide: on average 7-10 working days (depending on location).
- In most of the EU countries (when available) you will be able to choose among two delivery methods:
- Home delivery with signature (you need to be at home and sign the delivery because of insurance)
- Pick-up & Go if you want it delivered in your preferred relay
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com
Countries & Zones
- Zone 1: Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Zone 2: Austria, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal.
- Zone 3: Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.