Hobbyist Starter Kit for the apiary
BroodMinder Hobby Starter Kit is designed for hobby beekeepers who wish to get started with beehive monitoring.
By installing BroodMinder-T2 monitors in three hives, you will achieve a holistic view of your apiary dynamics.
You will have a detailed insight of the internal development of the colonies, brood level evolution, the queen presence and possible difficulties such as brood loss, blocking or stopping laying or swarming.
In short, this kit allows you to monitor the health and activity of your hives throughout the seasons, without having to carry out unnecessary inspections that disturb your bees.
With more than 10,000 Broodminder-T2 sold worldwide, this tiny device has become the best seller on the market. You will quickly forget about this small investment thanks to the valuable information that will improve your beekeeping practice over the years to come.
- 3x T2 internal hive monitors
- free web and mobile app access
- quick start paper guide and extensive online documentation
- BroodMinder T2 internal brood sensor helps to monitor the internal development of a colony: internal temperature of the hive, brood level, presence of the queen, difficulties related to eggs laying, swarming events, general health of the colony.
- Housed in a low profile, hermetically sealed wrapper, the BroodMinder T2 sits on top of your brood or super frames so that any heat created by the bees is recorded as it rises to the top of the hive. Accurate to 1 degree Fahrenheit (0.2 degree Celsius), you will notice the slightest of changes, allowing intervention before it is too late.
- All BroodMinder T2 devices now include temperature event detection (including swarms). When a temperature spike happens, the sensor switches to 1 minute sampling in order to get a high-resolution recording of the event. If you have a Cell hub or a Wi-fi hub, it will also initiate an email, text message or application alert.
- The waterproof envelope keeps the sensor away from bee activity. Without any wear and tear, you will be able to keep the device for life.
- Works with the extensive BroodMinder wireless ecosystem.
- If you own a Cell hub or a Wi-fi hub, you can inspect the data in real time: this option requires a premium subscription (learn about subscription plans here).
- You can examine the dashboards built with your beehive data thanks to the unique algorithms, at any distance from the apiary.
- The data can be accessed both on mobile in BroodMinder Bees app (Android, iOs) and on the web Mybroodminder.com.
- You can compare data from your T2 sensor with all the other BroodMinder hives on BeeCounted.org.
T2 internal hive monitor:
Measures: internal hive temperature
SwarmMinder: detect & notify on temperature events
Size: 26,5 x 4,0 x 0,8 cm
Weight: 13 gr
Envelope: waterproof UV-resistant cover
Battery: 1x CR2032 lithium battery (included)
Battery life: 1 year
Measurement frequency: every hour or every 15 min
Accuracy: +/- 0,25°C
Internal memory storage: ~ 7000 readings
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy
Transmission range: 10 meters to your smartphone or hub
Firmware update: Broodminder Bees app
Available with Free and Premium memberships.
If it is the first time you install a BroodMinder device, follow the next generic steps.
- install BroodMinder Bees app, create your account
- make your first manual sync
- install the device under your beehive
- view and explore the data on mobile BroodMinder Bees app and on the web Mybroodminder.com.
To learn more read our User guide and watch the installation Video guide.
If you have any question installing on your specific set-up, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on eu.broodminder.com
- France: FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zones 1, 2 (see below): FREE on orders above 150€
- Europe zone 3 : FREE on orders above 200€
- Rest of the world : contact us.
- France: 4 working days
- Europe: 5 working days
- Worldwide: on average 7-10 working days (depending on location).
- In most of the EU countries (when available) you will be able to choose among two delivery methods:
- Home delivery with signature (you need to be at home and sign the delivery because of insurance)
- Pick-up & Go if you want it delivered in your preferred relay
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com
Countries & Zones
- Zone 1: Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Zone 2: Austria, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom.
- Zone 3: Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.