Based on the work done by Dr. Herb Aumann at the University of Maine, this product is mounted above the beehive entrance and use radar to monitor flights in and out. It also includes an acoustic sensor that listens to the hive activity.
Please note that the acoustic sensor may have difficulty with plastic or highly insulated hives.
You can see the work that Herb did here
Install Broodminder-BeeDar box horizontal screwed to the facade of the hive with the two Phillips screws provides (will need to open the lid)
Try to place the active sensor in the symmetry axis of the hive so that it measures both sides equal (this means box slightly shifted left hand side)
Vertical position can be a few centimeters up from the exit of the hives. The radar sensor covers 32° vertical (elevation) and 80° horizontal (azimuth)
Note that Beedar won’t measure just at the entrance but a bit further when bees are arriving or departing.
To learn more read our User guide and watch the installation Video guide.
If you have any question installing on your specific set-up, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on eu.broodminder.com
- France: FREE on orders above 100€
- Europe zones 1, 2 (see below): FREE on orders above 150€
- Europe zone 3 : FREE on orders above 200€
- Rest of the world : contact us.
- France: 4 working days
- Europe: 5 working days
- Worldwide: on average 7-10 working days (depending on location).
- In most of the EU countries (when available) you will be able to choose among two delivery methods:
- Home delivery with signature (you need to be at home and sign the delivery because of insurance)
- Pick-up & Go if you want it delivered in your preferred relay
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com
Countries & Zones
- Zone 1: Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Zone 2: Austria, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal.
- Zone 3: Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.